Monday, April 2, 2012

Crawfish Boil

One of Trey’s friends had a crawfish boil on Saturday. I had Trey find out if they were having anything besides what was in the boil and they said no. I wasn’t sure if I would like the food so I brought an appetizer. I made a Mexican dip. It turned out really good!

IMG_2378

A whole pan of it disappeared before I could even take a picture. Everyone really liked it.

Mexican Layered Dip
by Brittany Ray
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: appetizer Mexican
Ingredients (serves 6-8 people)
  • 1 (16 oz) can of refried black beans
  • 1/2 packet of taco seasoning
  • 8 oz fat free sour cream
  • 1 (16 oz) jar of mild salsa
  • 8 oz iceberg lettuce, shredded
  • 1 large tomato, diced
  • 2 green onions, chopped
  • 1 (8 oz) bag 4 cheese Mexican blend, finely shredded
Instructions
In a medium bowl, mix refried beans and taco seasoning.
Spread bean mixture on the bottom of serving dish.
Layer each of the remaining ingredients one item at a time on top of each other.
Enjoy!
Powered by Recipage
IMG_2379IMG_2380IMG_2363

They put crawfish, potatoes, onions, garlic, lemons and pineapples in the boil with various seasonings. I was shocked that I actually liked the crawfish.

IMG_2381

When we got home I was a little hungry so Trey made me a grilled cheese. His grilled cheeses are the best I have ever had. He uses his dad’s homemade bread and whatever cheese that’s in the fridge. This one’s made with white cheddar.

IMG_2382
Before I left on Sunday we went shopping and had lunch at Santa Fe Mexican Grille.

We started with cheese dip which I really liked. It wasn’t too spicy. I ordered the Fajita Chicken Salad. It was very good! The chicken was tender and seasoned perfectly.

Santa Fe Grill on Urbanspoon

I am glad I didn’t look at the reviews before we ate there!

IMG_2383

After eating we walked around the mall. I went in Sephora and one of the sales lady handed me a free sample of a bareMinerals lip gloss. It is a little darker than what I usually wear.
 
IMG_2384

At forever 21 I bought these earrings for $1.50 each! I couldn’t resist they were so cheap! I also got 3 dresses.



This is the only dress I could find a picture of online. I also got a pale pink one and a gray/yellow one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let’s chat!
  • Have you ever been to a crawfish boil before? What did you you think?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, his grilled cheese looks perfect! Such great color on it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you. Please be sure to include your email address on the comments form so I can respond to you!