Tuesday, April 3, 2012

{books} Mockingjay



I finished reading Mockingjay a few weeks ago but have not had the time to sit down and write a review on it until now.

I was a little worried about reading it because I had heard several people say that they didn’t like it even though they liked the first two. I thought Mockingjay was up to par with The Hunger Games and Catching Fire. I read the whole book anticipating something to happen in it to make me not like it since I had heard bad things. In the end, when I thought I’d figured out why some had said they didn’t like the book Katniss through me for a loop. So I am still unsure why people did not like the book if they liked the first two.

I like the whole series and would suggest reading them if you haven’t already.



I went to see The Hunger Games movie the Friday it came out. Not at 12am but that night at 9:30pm. As I have expressed before, I am not a late night/early morning person so you won’t catch me at a midnight showing for any movie. The last movie I went to at midnight I slept through…

The Hunger Games movie was really good in my opinion.

Some of the characters did not appear as I had imagined but I think they were still really good depictions from the book. 

Only a few parts were different from the book. I think if they had done everything exactly like the book it would have been another hour long. So I am okay with the changes they made. However, I do like the book a whole lot more than the movie but isn’t this always the case?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let’s chat!
  • Have you read Mockingjay? If so, what did you like/dislike about the book?
  • If you have seen The Hunger Games movie, did you like it? How do you feel about the differences between the movie and book?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you. Please be sure to include your email address on the comments form so I can respond to you!