Saturday, August 13, 2011

Whole Wheat Blueberry Glazed Donuts

I have yet to received my gym access card in the mail. I am hoping it will be here today! My exercise log is looking a little weak and so is my body…
This morning has been very lazy and relaxing. I started off by baking some donuts! While the donuts were in the oven I tried out my new granola with some vanilla yogurt and a glass of milk. I am new to buying granola but this is definitely good. I can’t wait to try other kinds.
DSC00709
Whole Wheat Blueberry Glazed Donuts
adapted from Healthy Diaries
DSC00704
Ingredients:
For donuts
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 overflowing cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 cup organic 0% fat milk
  • 2 tbs oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 dash cinnamon
For vanilla glazed
  • 2 tbs organic 0% fat milk
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, oil, and cinnamon together. Add in flour, baking powder and baking soda. DSC00705
  2. Once these ingredients are mixed well, fold in blueberries. DSC00706
  3. Spray donut baking trays with cooking non-stick spray. Fill donut molds with the dough. I did this by using a small spoon. Do not fill to the top. Donuts will rise. My first batch almost didn’t have holes in the middle! I would say fill up half way. The picture below is the first batch and way to full! DSC00707
  4. Bake for 14-16 minutes. I also used a mini donut pan and cooked those for about 10 minutes.
  5. Once they are golden brown I took them out of the oven and let cool for a few minutes before removing them from the pans. I stuck a toothpick in one of the donuts to check if they were done and when I pulled it out the donut came with it. So I continued using the toothpick to remove all of them and place on a cooling rack.
  6. To make the glaze I mixed the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in a small bowl. I used a small spoon to drizzle the glaze on top. DSC00710
  7. Let glaze cool completely before putting in a storage container. It should harden a little so it will not stick to the other donuts.DSC00711

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you. Please be sure to include your email address on the comments form so I can respond to you!