Monday, August 8, 2011

A New Orleans Wedding

A couple of weekends ago I went to New Orleans for a friend's wedding. This was my first time to visit New Orleans. The wedding was one of the prettiest and most fun weddings I have ever been to.



We ate at Brennen's for lunch. It was delicious! I ordered the Table d'hôte Breakfast which lets you pick three different courses. I chose...

Strawberries with double cream for my appetizer. This was amazing. I wanted to eat the whole bowl but knew I needed to save room for the remaining two courses.

Eggs Portuguese which was pastry shells filled with freshly chopped tomatoes sautéed in butter with parsley and shallots. Topped with poached eggs and covered with Hollandaise sauce. This was very good but filling.

Creole Chocolate Suicide Cake "A Chocoholic's Fantasy" As you can see the cake came on a plate covered in double cream! I did not know what to think about this but after the first bite I fell in love. I was already full from the previous dishes so I only had a couple of bites.

Also, I ordered a Bloody Mary which was really good also but it did not get pictured. I would definitely suggest going to Brennen's for brunch if you are planning on visiting New Orleans.
Brennan's Restaurant on Urbanspoon

The wedding was at Race and Religious.




It was so hot the hair had to go up immediately following the ceremony. For food they had grits and sweet potato bars, a sandwich table and lots of desserts. Everything I had was good. But did not get pictured. They had a cigar bar which Trey enjoyed and I thought was a very good and unique idea.
The bride changed into this fun dress after the ceremony! (excuse the wet spots on my dress... I told you it was hot)
The band Hip City was really good. They did a wide variety of songs from Shout to Lil Wayne and kept the guests dancing the whole time.
At the end a bunch of people including the bride and groom jumped in the pool.
We stayed at the New Orleans Marriot on Canal Street. It was very nice I have no complaints. I tend to lean toward Marriot hotels when I travel because I have never had a bad experience with them. We got up Sunday and walked around downtown a little more and had brunch at Cafe Pontalbas.




I ordered the crab cakes. I decided to branch out and try something different. It ended up working out great because it was so good! You got two petite crab cakes with poached eggs on top and hollandaise sauce. A side of hashbrowns came on the side. I ate every bit of the crab cakes and eggs but only had a bite of the hashbrowns. They were a little too spicy for breakfast I thought and did not eat them.
Cafe Pontalba on Urbanspoon
I loved walking around Jackson Square and looking at all the artwork.
I will definitely be going back to New Orleans but it will be during a much cooler season. So we can enjoy walking around downtown more without being drenched.

  •  Have you been to New Orleans before? If so, what time of year did you go and did you enjoy it?



1 comment:

  1. I just saw this post on your travel page! So fun!

    I LOVE New Orleans! My husband and I went there for our honeymoon a few years ago...it was July and crazy hot/humid!! We are so not used to that since AZ has a very dry heat! Needless to say we sweat a lot! I'm our second trip we went in February, which was actually quite cold and windy but more tolerable :)

    We are headed back for a 3rd time in March for me to run the New Orleans Rock n Roll half marathon - I can hardly wait!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you. Please be sure to include your email address on the comments form so I can respond to you!