Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Running is not fun!


Yesterday for breakfast I had another Kashi blueberry waffle with peanut butter. This is one of my favorite combinations but I like it best with White Chocolate Wonderful PB.

waffle and pb

For lunch I had left over chicken salad, pretzel thins and diet citrus green tea.

lunch

Last night I ended up not going to the gym and going out to eat with my friend, Leigh. No pictures were taken. We went to Logan’s. I had not been there in probably years. It was good. I had the Teriyaki Chicken. It was lots of fun to catch up and visit with an old friend. She has moved back to town so I am looking forward to seeing her a lot more!

This morning I knew I had to be at the office early so I ran out of the house without breakfast or lunch. This is never a good thing… But luckily the court reporter who was recording the depositions at our office brought everyone Chick-fil-a. I limited myself to having only 3 chicken minis but having a huge platter of them sitting on our kitchen counter was extremely tempting. Thank the Lord for will power and self-control! Now lunch was another story….

Sushi!!!!

The Sunday Morning Roll from Bento… and a ginger salad… and I may or may not have had some fried rice too… You got to splurge every once in a while. Or at least that’s what I say!

At the gym I did this today:
  • Treadmill 15 minutes 1 mile 108 calories
  • Bike 20 minutes 4.5 miles 100 calories
  • Arm curl 12 lbs 10 reps 2 sets
  • Triceps extension 65 lbs 10 reps 2 sets
  • Leg press 70 lbs 10 reps 3 sets

While at the gym I have come to the conclusion that I do not enjoy running. I just don’t like it. I am not saying I am giving up or will stop running. I will still be doing the 5k on Saturday but I am not expecting a good time but I will finish! I love doing the weight machines and seeing improvements. I like the bike too. I definitely hope it is true what people say about the more you run the more you will like it. We shall see!

1 comment:

  1. I always get the Teriyaki Chicken at Logan's! Also, I've had a really hard time getting into running lately, and I think it's because it's just so hot outside! I loved running in the Spring when I was training for a half marathon and actually looked forward to it. I don't particularly enjoy it right now but still make myself do it. Hopefully, it will start getting better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you. Please be sure to include your email address on the comments form so I can respond to you!