Friday, August 12, 2011

Chicken Lettuce Wraps

After work today I went to Belk to pick up a wedding shower gift for a friend. The shower is tomorrow night. It is a couple's shower bbq. After leaving Belk I went to Publix where I seem to always spend way more than I plan.

I spotted this granola and had to get it. Which led me to buying 10 things of yogurt to eat with it. I snagged a handful of the granola while cooking dinner and it is top notch!
My boss came in work this morning talking about how him and his wife went to dinner last night at PF Changs. That got me craving their lettuce wraps. The closest PF Changs is a good 45 minutes to an hour away from where I live. That doesn't include the wait once you get there... So what else was I to do but make my own! I googled recipe after recipe and this is what I came up with.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Ingredients:
  • Iceberg lettuce
  • 10 boneless, skinless chicken tenders, diced
  • 1/2 sweet yellow onion, chopped
  • cooking oil (enough to coat large skillet)
  • 1 tbs minced garlic
  • 1 tbs reduced-sodium soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup Hoisin sauce
  • 2 tsp minced ginger
  • dash cayenne pepper unless you like spicy then go for 1/8 tsp
  • 2 green onions, chopped
  • 1/2 tbs red wine vinegar

Instructions:
Take lettuce and pull leaves apart, rinse and set aside to dry. Put in fridge to keep fresh and cool.
Dice chicken up into small bite size pieces. Put oil in skillet and heat up. Place chicken in skillet and cook till no longer pink.

Add chopped onion, minced garlic and soy sauce to skillet with chicken. Stir until mixed well. Stir in Hoisin sauce, ginger, cayenne pepper and red wine vinegar. Let simmer for a minute or two.

Stir in green onions.

Serve warm in lettuce cups.

*For more crunch add in water chestnuts drained.
I had a glass of White Zinfandel with my lettuce wraps.

And for dessert I bought these to try out.
For my mom:

Vanilla ice cream with chocolate covered potato chips.
For me:
DSC00702
This was absolutely amazing! I made myself stop after 4 spoons of it. I want to try every flavor they make it was so good!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you. Please be sure to include your email address on the comments form so I can respond to you!