Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Freezer Love


There is no denying my love for dining out and trying new restaurants and foods. You may even say it is a passion of mine. As much as I love eating out I love cooking even more but sometimes convenience wins out when its 5:30, I've worked all day and just too lazy tired to cook anything. So, to make cooking more convenient and quicker I have been utilizing my freezer quite a bit lately. So much so that you might want to watch out when opening my freezer door you may get a broke toe... I try so hard to organize it but there are still some accidents waiting to happen. 

I purchased an immense amount of ground turkey and chicken tenderloins for one person and froze them in 2 or 3 servings so I could have leftovers. Easy access in hopes of cooking more! If you're wondering why so many chicken tenders, they are the only type of chicken I can cook that doesn't gross me out too much and they are so easy. Boneless and skinless, ready to cook. I use them for almost everything I make with chicken. I can cook other parts but definitely not my favorite thing to do. 

As I have posted before, my dad is rocking it in the garden department this year. Lucky for me! So I have been freezing tomatoes, squash, beans, etc. I already have plans for those tomatoes when it cools off around here. Mmm... I can smell the chili now. 

Do you like to freeze food? What are your favorite things to freeze? What is the weirdest thing you have ever froze?

I froze some donuts one time and Trey still makes fun of me for it. I got talked into buying a dozen donuts by a sneaky Krispy Kreme worker one time when all I wanted was 1 donut... I am so bad at saying no.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Love garden fresh veggies! :)

    Also, a group of my girlfriends and I are making freezer meals tonight! You dump all the ingredients in ziplocks and toss 'em in your freezer. On cooking day you toss them in your slow cooker and viola! Dinner is ready that evening. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you. Please be sure to include your email address on the comments form so I can respond to you!