Thursday, August 22, 2013

Floating Down Styx River


Last month I got to experience floating down a river for the first time. We went to Styx River in Robertsdale. It was storming and raining on the drive down and I was dreading it the whole way. We stopped at the gas station across the street to wait on everyone in our group to get there. Trey and I went in and got Subway sandwiches to-go for the 6 hour float down the river. While waiting on everyone to get there it started thundering and lightening in the distance. At this point I did not want to float anymore and was willing to sit in the car for 6 hours until everyone else was done. 

For those of you who have never met me, I am not a risk taker. In one of my econ classes I was the only one who would not risk losing a small amount of money in order to gain a large amount. My way of thinking is if I am not guaranteed to walk away with anything I will just keep what I already have. 

But back to Styx River. I just knew we were going to get struck by lightening but since I was the only one with this fear I gave in. There were tons of people there with no concerns whatsoever. In the end, I am glad I went. It was a lot of fun and the rain cooled you off plus no one got sunburned. Someone did end up losing their car keys in the river though... 

Can't wait to float again!

  
post signature

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you. Please be sure to include your email address on the comments form so I can respond to you!