Wednesday, May 30, 2012

{books} An Object of Beauty

  
To be honest when I purchased this book on Amazon I had no clue the author was the same Steve Martin actor. I actually didn't figure out this tidbit until after I was 2 or 3 chapters in. I happened to flip to the back cover and saw his picture and was shocked. I had no clue he wrote books!

Daniel Franks is the narrator of the story. He is an old friend of Lacey's. The entire book is about Lacey Yeager. Lacey moved to New York from Atlanta. The story follows her journey through the art world. She works for a couple of art galleries before eventually opening her own gallery. Lacey is involved with a couple of art scandals and investigations.

The book includes 22 pieces of art. Martin intertwined each of the art pieces into the story plot very well.

For me this book was a slow read. I enjoyed learning about the ins and outs of the art business. I also really enjoyed the art prints throughout the book and getting a little background on the various artists. I could never really get into the story though.

Overall I would give this book 3 out of a 5 star rating.

According to comingsoon.net Amy Adams will be playing Lacey in the upcoming movie. I am looking forward to the movie version of this book. I hope it will be able to keep my attention more than the book.

Have you ever read An Object of Beauty? If so, what did you think about it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you. Please be sure to include your email address on the comments form so I can respond to you!