Friday, December 2, 2011

Whole Wheat White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

I made these a week ago. I am trying to get caught up with posting recipes. Trey’s friend was having surgery and mentioned he liked White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies. I decided to make some for him but a little healthier.

DSC_0212

Whole Wheat White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
(Printable Version)

Adapted from Joy the Baker

Makes 2 dozen

Ingredients:
  • 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup light butter, softened
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a medium bowl mix flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl, set aside.
  3. In an electric mixer bowl, combine brown sugar, granulated sugar and butter. Beat until creamy, 3-5 minutes. Add vanilla extract and eggs one at a time beating between each.
  4. Add dry ingredients and mix until dough forms.
  5. With a spatula, fold in chips and nuts.
  6. Using a cookie scooper or a tablespoon, spoon dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure to space cookies out about an inch apart.
  7. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until golden brown.
DSC_0199DSC_0200DSC_0203DSC_0204DSC_0206DSC_0208

These turned out great!

IMG_1440

I placed sheets of wax paper in between each cookie to make sure they didn’t stick to one another.

IMG_1441

Then I wrapped the box in plastic wrap to keep the air out. They traveled well in the car and made it to Mobile in one piece!

Now I have to get back to baking some more cookies. This time they are for the cookie swap. I hope they turn out good. If not I will be up all night trying new recipes. My plan is to ship them out in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. I love how you wrapped the cookies! Presentation is just as important as the gift!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you. Please be sure to include your email address on the comments form so I can respond to you!