I probably shouldn’t wait till my dirty clothes pile looks like this to wash clothes…. So while I am waiting on one load to wash I am going to answer the holiday questions that have been showing up on everyone’s blog.
25 Questions: Holiday Style
- Eggnog or hot chocolate?
- Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
- Colored lights on tree/house or white?
- Do you hang mistletoe?
- When do you hang your decorations up?
- What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
- Favorite holiday memory as a child?
When my grandparents were alive we would always go to my Dad’s parents, Daddy Ray and Mama Ray, house for lunch. It was always served at 12 p.m. whether whoever made the dressing or any other dish was there or not. Haha Daddy Ray ate at noon and that was just how it went down no exception. After eating and visiting with my Dad’s family we would head over to my Mom’s mother’s, Granny, house. We would eat dinner there. I was always so full by dinner time from lunch but I always found room to chow down again.
- What is on your Christmas wish list?
- Do you open a gifts on Christmas Eve?
- How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
My parent’s tree has always had colored lights, cranberry garland and homemade ornaments and sentimental ones we collected over the years.
- Snow? Love it or dread it?
- Real tree or fake tree?
When I was younger we would go to Murphy’s Tree Farm and pick out our tree and let them cut it down. Those where some wonderful memories that I will have forever. Now, the cats climbing the tree and breaking ornaments, getting stuck by the needles, sticky fingers and all the sweeping that took place are memories that aren’t so great. I wouldn’t say I would never have a real tree again but for now I have a fake one that has been passed down from my Aunt.
- Do you remember your favorite gift?
- What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you?
Family. I love all of the parties you get to see everyone together. Since all of my grandparents have passed away we don’t get together much anymore. I really miss it and didn’t know how important it was when I had it. So makes sure to enjoy all the time you have with all of your family!
- What is your favorite holiday dessert?
- What is your favorite tradition?
- What tops your tree?
- Do you prefer giving or receiving?
- What is your favorite Christmas song?
- Candy canes, yuck or yum?
- Favorite Christmas movie?
- What do you leave for Santa?
- Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?
- Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall?
- Christmas letter or Christmas card?
- What Christmas traditions do you have?