I finally get to share my cookie swap recipe with you! After hours of looking through recipes I finally settled on making Cinnamon Swirl Cookies. I am glad I did because I really like them! I ended up having to make 2 batches to get 3 dozen plus some extra for me!
Cinnamon Swirl Cookies
Adapted from Good Housekeeping
Makes about 18 cookies
- 1 stick light butter, softened
- 4 oz. fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- In an electric mixer bowl, using the paddle attachment, beat butter and cream cheese on medium speed until creamy (2 minutes).
- Reduce speed to low and gradually add in flour.
- Remove dough from bowl and shape into a small rectangle. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in fridge for 1 hour or freezer for 30 minutes. Just enough time until dough is firm enough to flatten with a rolling pin.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Lightly flour a flat surface for rolling dough. Flour rolling pin and roll dough our in a long rectangular shape. Make sure dough is in a even and thin sheet.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture evenly over all of the dough.
- Roll dough starting from one of the longest sides.
- Water may be used to seal the edges and keep rolled.
- Cut log in half and place on a small pan. Cover in plastic and place in fridge for 2 hours or freeze for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove one roll of dough at a time. Cut roll into 1/4 inch wide cookies.
- Place cookies on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12 – 14 minutes. Cookies should be lightly browned.
- Cool on a baking rack.
- Repeat with remaining roll.
I mailed my cookies to:
I can't wait till next year!
More Posts on The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap: