Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday #4



Here is a look at some of my eats this past week.

To be completely honest I wasn't even going to watch the Super Bowl... I had no clue what time it was going to start or even who was playing. My friend/old roommate/now neighbor Leigh (yes we have known each other for a really long time:)) came over to borrow my vacuum cleaner on Sunday and it was then we decided we should watch the game together. I then invited another friend that just moved to town to come over. I decided I better start cooking and already had a list of things I wanted to make. I narrowed it down since there would only be three of us.


















-  Mini Corn Dog Muffins inspired by Iowa Girl Eats : I took the super easy way out and used Jiffy Corn Muffin mix and followed the box instructions and adding the hot dog in the middle.
- Baked Parmesan Garlic Fries also from Iowa Girl Eats: I pretty much followed the recipe except I didn't measure anything and I used baby red potatoes. I was in a hurry and just threw everything in the bowl.
- Trey's Brie Pastry: This is a favorite of mine but I refuse to make it unless I have company because I will eat the whole thing. So to save my hips I only make it for special occassions.

I had one of the heart cookies from my FBS2012 swag bag. It was so good and I love that The Piece de Resistance only use real ingredients you can actually read. You must go look at her cookies they are gorgeous! I had some egg drop soup that wasn't all that great... A salad from Subway that was even less great. I really like Subway's sandwiches but I would suggest not getting a salad. It was too plain but maybe that was my fault for not adding a lot of toppings I don't know.

Yesterday for lunch I had a vegetarian bowl from Chipotle with brown rice, black beans, fajita peppers and onions, lettuce, pico, cheese, sour cream and guac. Mmmm tasty but as always I attempted to eat the whole bowl and was way too full.



Now I am sipping on my last Click Vanilla Latte. I should not have waited until I ran out to reorder. Now I may go through withdrawals... It's okay I will survive I still have Starbucks!

I hope everyone's week is going good so far! We are half way to the weekend!

7 comments:

  1. I love jiffy cornbread mix! I always make it when I make beef and veggie soup. I figure since I spent 2-3 hours making the soup from scratch I can use boxed cornbread! It's really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I love the taste and how it falls apart. Plus I think its way less fat than the way my family makes homemade cornbread.

      Delete
  2. The corn dogs look fantastic. I like that you used the muffin tins - so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were good! I had never seen them like this before until I saw them on IGE's page. So easy!

      Delete
  3. Yum! All that food looks really tasty! :)

    Just dropping by from #FF. :)
    Holly
    http://adventuresofholly.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't Chipotle the best??? I always eat the whole bowl too and end up SO full! But it's just way too good to waste ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you. Please be sure to include your email address on the comments form so I can respond to you!