How it works: Post 11 random things about yourself – then answer the 11 questions asked by the person who tagged you – and create 11 new questions for the people you’ve decided to tag (11 people if you can!). Last but not least, post these rules so others know how to play!
11 Random Things About Me:
1. I daydream about the day I own my own house.
2. I love breakfast at Chik-fil-a but have not had it in weeks maybe even months and I think that is a huge accomplishment! I am on my way to a healthier me!
3. I can blow bubbles with my spit. Like they exit my mouth and float in the air until they pop.
4. I am not a morning person at all. I have to set 6 alarms that go off starting at 5:30. Each has its own snooze alarm that goes off in increments of 15 minutes until 7:00.
5. I am a saver. I get nervous about spending large amounts of money. Now don’t get me wrong I don’t save every penny. I do love to go shopping.
6. I check my email on my phone a million times a day. It’s like a habit. I am checking it before I realize that I am even doing it.
7. I couldn’t live without hash brown casserole. How can something that taste so good be so bad for you!
8. I have only had a professional manicure 4 or 5 times and a pedicure once in all of my 24 years. I can’t see paying $30 for someone to paint my nails when I am going to want to change the color in a few weeks. For $30 I could buy a lot of nail polish! But I do enjoy them every now and then.
9. I don’t know what I would do without my iPhone. Its with me all of the time.
10. I am a magazine junkie… I love getting them in the mail but they usually stack up for months before I think about reading them.
11. I would rather be cold than hot.
Questions from Nicole:
1. What is your favorite vacation of all time?
I went to Peru in 2007 and absolutely loved it! You can see my posts about them here: June 24, 2007, June 25, 2007, June 26, 2007. I have not finished all of the recaps but I hope to soon. Trey accidently took my external hard drive home with him to Mobile so I have not had any of my pictures to finish my posts.
2. What is your favorite way to spend a Sunday?
Going to church and having lunch with my family. Then coming home and laying on the couch and watching movies or napping. I like to spend the last day of my weekend resting up for the week ahead. I usually have way to much to do though and never get to lay on the couch and nap.
3. What is the coolest thing you did in the month of January?
The coolest thing I did in January was attend the Food Blog South conference in Birmingham. It was so much fun! Here are my posts about FBS2012: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
4. What is the first blog you ever read?
The first blog I ever read was Julie’s PB Fingers. I saw an article in Women’s Health Magazine that she had written and saw she had a blog and from there it all started.
5. If you could pick a song to be your theme song (that played wherever you go) what would it be?
Hmmm.. Good question. I have no idea let me think about this one.
6. Crushed ice or cubed?
I like crushed when it’s the soft kind but if its out of the refrigerator door kind then cubed. By soft crushed I mean like Sonic or Taco Casa ice.
7. Which Disney Princess do you identify with the most (if any)?
I guess I would say Ariel. I daydream a lot and have a fish for a pet.
8. Do you prefer to plan things or be spontaneous?
I prefer to have a plan but spontaneity is a must sometimes and can make things fun.
9. What is your favorite flower?
I honestly don’t have a favorite. But I like these.
10. Do you ever listen to songs on repeat? If so, which was your most resent repeat song?
The Civil Wars – Poison & Wine
I have been obsessed with this song since it came out.
I was also tagged by Julie at Julie Goes Healthy so here are the questions she asked:
1. What fitness class/activity can you imagine yourself teaching?
I think it would be fun to teach spin!
2. What do you wear all the time?
I am at the office 88+ hours a week so I am usually dressed up. Lately I have been wearing a lot of leggings and tights.
3. What's your favorite big city?
I have always wanted to go to NYC but have not made it yet. I am sure that would be my favorite but until then I will have to say Nashville. It is such a fun place.
4. Who could you spend every minute with?
Trey! I have not seen him in a month! We have only lived in the same town 2 months out of our 2 years and 7 months of dating. Therefore, it seems like I am always missing him.
5. What reality TV show would you be on?
I think it would be fun to be on TLC’s What Not to Wear. Hopefully others don’t think I am a horrible dresser but who wouldn’t want to be given $5,000 to go shopping with Stacey and Clinton!
6. What colors do you gravitate towards?
I love light blues, turquois and teals. I love cool colors. But of course I love pink too.
7. What is your fondest high school memory?
So many memories were made at the football games on Friday nights and all the time spent with my high school friends.
8. Where do you buy all your fitness wear?
Usually I go to Academy Sports unless their is something they don't have then I order it online.
9. Who is your fit role model, and who is your foodie role model?
My fit role model is Skinny Runner! One day I will like to run as much as she does. :) I have a lot of foodie role models or people I look to for good recipes or inspiration.
10. Which is your favorite blog?
I absolutely can not pick a favorite! I have so many that I love reading and they are all so different.
11. What new non-food/non-fitness thing can't you get enough of lately?
Scramble with Friends (iPhone App that is so much fun!) My username is BrittRay87 you should play with me! Please :)
My questions for the ladies listed below:
1. Do you prefer summer or winter clothes?
2. What are your top 3 favorite books?
3. What is the last movie you saw?
4. If your house caught on fire what are the 3 things you would grab first? (Besides pets and people)
5. What is your all time favorite thing to cook?
6. If you could travel to anywhere in the world where would you go?
7. What do you like to watch on tv?
8. What is your favorite holiday and why?
9. What type of food (Greek, Mexican, Japanese, etc.) is your favorite?
10. If you could go back to high school and/or college and do it all over again would you?
11. What is something you have learned after graduating high school and/or college that you wish you knew while you were still in school?
Kristy – Roe and Lee
Kristen – A Healthy Balance
Colleen - Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill
Kori – Sewing K’s Closet
Laura – Against the Grain
Kasey – Life and Love with Mr. Wonderful
If you aren't listed and want to participate too leave a comment below! I would love to see your answers!