Monday, January 30, 2012

Help Me Fight for a Cure

My friend Anna and I created a team for Relay for Life this year. We are “e-LEMON-ate cancer” team.

lemon

I have never been on a Relay for Life team before I have only volunteered with the organization to get food donations and luminaries set up for the event but that was years ago. I can’t wait to be a part of a team this year! I think it is going to be so much fun and it is for a fantastic cause!

relay for life

This year, over 1.4 million Americans will hear the words "You have cancer".

Like everyone else, I have had several family and friends affected by cancer, and that is why I have joined the American Cancer Society on a mission to save lives by being involved in the Relay For Life in my community.

At Relay For Life we celebrate loved ones who have won their battle against cancer, remember those who are no longer with us, and fight back against this disease that touches so many. I am determined to make a difference, and I hope you will join me. I will be walking on April 20, 2012.

If you would like to donate money please go to my My Relay for Life page! Any donation at all is graciously accepted. No donation is too small! Every dollar raised brings us one dollar closer to a cure, and to a time when the number of people who have to hear the words "you have cancer" is zero.

Question:
  • Have you ever or are you participating in your communities Relay for Life?

1 comment:

  1. hey girl I posted the link to the website I got those steamless wedding glasses we used as favors in a reply where you commented. Just wanted to make sure you got it! Cutest team name ever by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you. Please be sure to include your email address on the comments form so I can respond to you!