Monday, January 23, 2012

{books} Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
via

I read the book 4 or 5 years ago. It was slow to start out with but I liked the concept of the book. It is about a nine year old boy, Oskar, whose father died in the World Trade Center on September 11th. It takes you through his journey of coping with his death. Before his father died, he had been sending him on a scavenger hunt throughout the Boroughs of New York in search of the Sixth Borough. After his dad dies, Oskar, finds an envelope with a key inside. On the envelope the word “Black” is written on it. Oskar searches and tries to talk to all of the people in New York City with the last name Black hoping someone will know his father and know what lock the key fits into. Throughout Oskar’s journey he meets people going through rough times and trials of their own.

I went to see the movie this past Saturday night. It was good and I thought (from what I remember from the book) the movie did a good job at portraying the book. I did think it was a little long (2 hours and 9 minutes!) and like the book started out slow. This movie is sad so be sure to take some tissues.


via

During the movie my head began to hurt and gradually got worse. After the movie was over we came back to my apartment I couldn’t turn any lights on or look at my phone. My head was killing me, I was nauseous and when I closed my eyes I could see blue flashing lights. It hurt so bad tears were pouring out. I took some Advil and went to bed with a heat pad on my head. After hours of laying in the dark I fell asleep and didn’t wake up until 11:00 a.m. on Sunday. I hope I never get a migraine again!

Questions:
  • Do you have migraines? If so, what do you do to get rid of them?
  • Have you read and/or seen Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close? What did you think?

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen the movie, but I've been really curious about it! I need to see it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you. Please be sure to include your email address on the comments form so I can respond to you!