Makes enough for 6
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 29oz tomato sauce
- 6oz tomato paste
- 16oz can reduced sodium kidney beans
- 16oz can fat free black beans
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- In a large pot cover the bottom with oil. Not a lot just enough to coat bottom. Heat on medium.
- Place ground turkey in pot. Season with garlic powder. Chop up pieces with a spatula or mash with a potato masher while cooking. Add onions after meat is almost done.
- When meat is completely done add tomato sauce and tomato paste. Stir until mixed.
- Add beans and seasonings to taste.
- Cook on medium until chili begins to bubble and is thoroughly heated.
- Simmer on low until served.
I made Jiffy corn muffins.
For dessert Ashley brought cupcakes from Gigi’s.
These are the Italian Cream Wedding Cake cupcakes.
This morning I finally made it to the
It felt good to workout after several weeks off… Also it is pretty nice being able to walk to the fitness center instead of having to drive. Very convenient.
When I got back to my apartment I found $5 beside my patio! It was pretty windy this morning so I have no clue where it could have come from.
For breakfast I had these amazing eggs with onions, spinach, tomatoes and cheese. I had a side of turkey bacon and grapes.
I am going over to my friend/ex-roommate/new neighbor, Leigh’s apartment to watch the game. She is making a taco salad bar. I am making Pumpkin Banana Bread with Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese spread to take. It’s in the oven as I type so stay tuned for the recipe. That is if it turns out good! I have already tried the Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese spread to go on it and it is really good!