My mom made this from our church cookbook when I was growing up. There are a ton of recipes for “Russian Chicken” on the internet. The main ingredient is Russian dressing. I went to target and could not find Russian dressing anywhere. I spent at least 5 minutes looking for it and had a random woman on the isle helping me search. No luck. I decided to mix Catalina and Italian dressings and make my own Russian dressing. Close enough right?
Russian-ish Chicken (Not sure what to call it)
Makes enough for 4
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 12 oz. jar of apricot preserves (I have also used apple jelly before)
- 1 envelope Lipton onion soup mix
- 1 cup fat free Catalina dressing
- 1/3 cup fat free Italian dressing
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place chicken flat into a baking dish
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture over chicken and bake for 1 hour.
This weekend my sorority is having an Alumnae Weekend. I am looking forward to seeing all of the girls!
Now I have a ton of laundry, cleaning and DVR catching up on. I better get busy.