Thursday, October 20, 2011

Russian Inspired Chicken

DSC_0012

My mom made this from our church cookbook when I was growing up. There are a ton of recipes for “Russian Chicken” on the internet. The main ingredient is Russian dressing. I went to target and could not find Russian dressing anywhere. I spent at least 5 minutes looking for it and had a random woman on the isle helping me search. No luck. I decided to mix Catalina and Italian dressings and make my own Russian dressing. Close enough right?

DSC_0009

Russian-ish Chicken (Not sure what to call it)
Makes enough for 4

Instructions:
  • 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
  • 12 oz. jar of apricot preserves (I have also used apple jelly before)
  • 1 envelope Lipton onion soup mix
  • 1 cup fat free Catalina dressing
  • 1/3 cup fat free Italian dressing
  • 1 tsp. minced garlic
  • salt to taste
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Place chicken flat into a baking dish
  3. In a medium sized bowl, mix the remaining ingredients.
  4. Pour mixture over chicken and bake for 1 hour.
DSC_0010DSC_0011DSC_0013

This weekend my sorority is having an Alumnae Weekend. I am looking forward to seeing all of the girls!

Now I have a ton of laundry, cleaning and DVR catching up on. I better get busy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you. Please be sure to include your email address on the comments form so I can respond to you!