Saturday, October 1, 2011

Teriyaki Chicken and Ranch Potatoes

My point and shoot camera has quit on me… I have been looking at a couple of DSLR cameras a lot lately. I think I have figured out the one I want. If anyone has any suggestions on this type of camera please share! This will be my first DSLR so I need something user friendly. I have been using my iPhone camera for a few weeks now…

This morning Trey and I went to Walmart again as if I didn’t get everything I needed last night. We bought stuff to cook for dinner. He bought steak and I bought chicken.

dinner

Ranch Potatoes
Adapted from Leigh (my friend and new neighbor)

Makes enough for 4

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2lbs baby red potatoes
  • salt
  • 4tbs fat free sour cream or Greek yogurt
  • 2tbs light mayo
  • 8oz ranch dry seasoning (1/2 a packet)
  • parsley

Instructions:
  1. Dice potatoes and put in a pot. Sprinkle in some salt. Cover potatoes with water and boil till potatoes are soft and east to cut.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  3. Drain potatoes and put in a casserole or baking dish.
  4. Add sour cream, mayo, ranch seasoning to potatoes and lightly stir until mixed well. 
  5. Cover dish with foil.
  6. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
  7. Sprinkle parsley for a little color.
ranch potatoes

ranch potatoes2

ranch potatoes3

Teriyaki Chicken with Onions

Makes enough for 4

Ingredients:
  • 1 bottle of Kikkoman Teriyaki Baste and Glaze
  • 12 chicken tenderloins
  • 1 sweet yellow onion
  • 1/4 cup light brown sugar

Instructions:
  1. Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
  2. Make sure grill is hot and put chicken in. I am not certain on the cooking time I just cooked until the inside of the chicken was cooked thoroughly.
  3. After chicken is cooked place onions on grill and brown.
chicken

George Foreman

chicken2

For other sides I cooked a can of low sodium green beans and made cheese crescent rolls (the easy way). I took a roll of reduced fat crescent roll dough and added colby jack cheese in the middle.

dinner

Now its time for the Bama game! I hope everyone's team wins or won today unless you are a Gator fan!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you. Please be sure to include your email address on the comments form so I can respond to you!