Thursday, August 30, 2012

Washington, D.C. – Alero

Alero_1IMG_3311
 
I wanted to stay close to the hotel at Dupont Circle. I used Urbanspoon to find a Mexican restaurant close by.
 
Alero was good. Completely different from “Mexican” food in Alabama. The ones I have been to everything is kind of bland. Don’t get me wrong, I love that bland covered in cheese dip taste but it can get old. The chicken enchiladas I ordered tasted fresh and the beans weren’t mush. I ordered a small strawberry margarita.
 
Alero on Urbanspoon IMG_3315
 
On the walk back to the hotel I came across this beauty. Anna had told me about a painted elephant she had seen on her walk to the conference. I was super excited to get to see it for myself.

3 comments:

  1. You HAVE to come out to the Southwest and try our Mexican food - it's truly amazing! And the margaritas aren't bad either ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you. Please be sure to include your email address on the comments form so I can respond to you!