Thursday, August 23, 2012

Washington, D.C.– Behind the Scenes Look

NaturalHistory_19NaturalHistory_20NaturalHistory_21NaturalHistory_22NaturalHistory_23NaturalHistory_24NaturalHistory_25
While we were at the Smithsonian’s Natural History Museum, we got a behind the scenes tour of the largest shell collection in the world. Anna’s friend did his fellowship at the Smithsonian this summer so he gave us a look into what he studied. There were rows and rows and more rows of shells. It was unbelievable the number of shells in there. Also, I took a picture of his office. It overlooked all of the National Mall. I would never get anything done here. There are too many people to watch out those windows.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gracious, SO many shells! So cool that you got the behind the scenes tour! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you. Please be sure to include your email address on the comments form so I can respond to you!