Sunday, August 26, 2012

Washington, D.C.–National Zoo

NationalZoo_1NationalZoo_2NationalZoo_3NationalZoo_4NationalZoo_5
 
After walking around the National Zoo all morning I was thirsty and starving. I walk around for about 15 minutes looking for somewhere besides McDonald’s or Chipotle to eat when I stumbled upon Open City.
 
OpenCity_1
 
I ordered a glass of the seasonal iced tea, berry hibiscus. It was so fruity and fresh tasting.
 
OpenCity_2
 
For lunch I had the chicken salad sandwich with an order of fries. The chicken salad was made with pulled roasted chicken, dried cranberries, celery and chives on a ciabatta bun. It was delicious! I ate alone at the bar and it was a very enjoyable experience. The waiters were all very nice and helpful.
 
Open City on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. Aww that kitty at the beginning is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kitten and the sleeping panda pictures are my favorite. So cute and cuddly looking haha.

      Delete
  2. Fun! I love zoos - But I think I like hibiscus tea even more :) I love that you stumbled upon it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you. Please be sure to include your email address on the comments form so I can respond to you!