Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Book Review | A Clash of Kings




After quite a few months I have finished A Clash of Kings. It was good and I can't wait to see what happens next but I am going to take a break from this series and read a few other books that I have been wanting to read. It takes so long to finish a book in this series that my to-read shelf is overflowing with books I have purchased. I have tried reading more than one book at a time but it doesn't work out. I can't drag myself away from one book to read another. 

I still like that Martin organizes the book's chapters by characters. I find my self racing to get to a certain character's chapter to see what happens next in their part of the story. Some of the chapters do get a little boring and it feels like parts are dragged out more than needed but the story is just too good to stop reading.  

Publisher's Synopsis
In this thrilling sequel to A Game of Thrones, George R. R. Martin has created a work of unsurpassed vision, power, and imagination. A Clash of Kings transports us to a world of revelry and revenge, wizardry and warfare unlike any we have ever experienced.

A comet the color of blood and flame cuts across the sky. And from the ancient citadel of Dragonstone to the forbidding shores of Winterfell, chaos reigns. Six factions struggle for control of a divided land and the Iron Throne of the Seven Kingdoms, preparing to stake their claims through tempest, turmoil, and war. It is a tale in which brother plots against brother and the dead rise to walk in the night. Here a princess masquerades as an orphan boy; a knight of the mind prepares a poison for a treacherous sorceress; and wild men descend from the Mountains of the Moon to ravage the countryside. Against a backdrop of incest and fratricide, alchemy and murder, victory may go to the men and women possessed of the coldest steel . . . and the coldest hearts. For when kings clash, the whole land trembles.


Have you ever read/watched any of the Game of Thrones series? If so, what did you think?

Next I am starting Divergent by Veronica Roth. I have heard so many good things about this book. Have you ever read Divergent? Did you like it? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you. Please be sure to include your email address on the comments form so I can respond to you!