Saturday, July 21, 2012

Shrimp Basket - Gulf Shores

Shrimp Basket_1Shrimp Basket_2Shrimp Basket_3

As soon as we got to Gulf Shores we headed to Shrimp Basket to eat lunch. We were seated immediately on the front porch dining area. It started to rain so it was nice to sit outside under the covered porch. I ordered the Mahi Tacos grilled with potato salad, coleslaw and hushpuppies. To drink I ordered a strawberry daiquiri, my favorite summertime drink. I really liked their potato salad. It did not have a strong mayonnaise taste but it was creamy and had pieces of bacon in it. Everything was good.

Shrimp Basket on Urbanspoon

After lunch we went to check in and then went to the grocery store for breakfast, lunch and snacks to keep at the condo. We are staying at Grand Beach Resort condos. Excuse all of our stuff. I didn't think to take pictures before we started making ourselves at home and unpacking.

DSC_0002DSC_0003DSC_0004
DSC_0005DSC_0006

Even though the condo is across the street from the beach we have a great beach view.

DSC_0007DSC_0008DSC_0011

The condo is a great size. It sleeps 5. There is a king size bed, sleeper sofa and a twin bed.

DSC_0012

The bedroom has this painting of the condo.

Grand Beach Resort

I loved the keypad entry. It was great not having to worry about making sure to grab your keys when going to the beach or pool. The condo was clean and very inviting. It also has free wifi. I will definitely be keeping this condo in mind for future vacations.

6 comments:

  1. Beach condos are the best! They really do make for a nice vacation :) Hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would rather stay in a condo over a hotel anytime! We had lots of fun, thanks!

      Delete
  2. AHH! The Shrimp Basket is our favorite! And I always get the Mahi Tacos!!! They are the best! So glad you got them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Shrimp Basket has always been a favorite of mine too! We just got one in Tuscaloosa like 5 minutes from my apartment! I haven't eaten there yet because every time we go the wait has been over an hour.

      Delete
  3. How fun! Any place that's right a cross the street from the beach is a place I want to be. Glad you had fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you. Please be sure to include your email address on the comments form so I can respond to you!