Thursday, October 3, 2013

Lagniappe | Santa Rosa Beach




















While in Santa Rosa, we stayed in the Old Florida Village neighborhood in the Lagniappe house. Staying in a neighborhood made me feel less like a tourist and more at home. The school bus would come and let kids off every afternoon. I would have loved living here as a kid!

Side note: Yes, I am a dork and googled how to pronounce "lagniappe" and was not surprised when I had been saying it all wrong (Brittany's pronunciation: lag-nap-ee) (Merriam Webster's pronunciation: lan-yap)

I would recommend it to anyone looking for a place in this area. One of the pools was directly behind the house. Very convenient for running back and forth for any reason. I loved all of the artwork and decorative touches. I did not want to leave when it was time to go. 

post signature

2 comments:

  1. How cute is that house? Looks like a beautiful spot to visit/for a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place is precious! I love all the decor!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you. Please be sure to include your email address on the comments form so I can respond to you!