Monday, December 10, 2012

Panera's Soup



Anna and I went to Panera for dinner one night last week. I ordered their new Low-Fat Vegetarian Garden Vegetable with Pesto - a low-fat vegetarian soup with diced tomatoes, sliced zucchini, yellow beans, fresh Swiss chard, cauliflower, bell peppers and pearled barley in a tomato broth garnished with a dollop of nut-free basil pesto. It was good. I really enjoyed the pesto flavor and the array of vegetables.


Although I loved trying something new my loyalty still lies with Panera's Cheddar Broccoli - chopped broccoli, shredded carrots and select seasonings simmered in a velvety smooth cheese sauce.

Here are some more of their soups:
  • All-Natural Sonoma Chicken Stew - creamy chicken stew with carrots, peas, leeks & red potatoes with sweet cream and thyme, topped with Dry Jack Cheese biscuit 
  • French Onion - sliced onion sauteed in sweet butter and seasonings, gently simmered in a light beef broth with essence of tomato, topped with homemade croutons and Asiago-Parmesan cheese  
  • Vegetarian Creamy Tomato - vine-ripened pear tomatoes pureed with fresh cream for a velvety smooth flavor accentuated by hints of red pepper & oregano, topped with Asiago croutons 
  • Low-Fat All-Natural Chicken Noodle - fresh vegetables and tender all-white chicken breast simmered in a delicately seasoned chicken broth with traditional egg noodles 
  • Baked Potato - home-style cuts of russet potato simmered with select seasonings and smoked bacon in a rich cream sauce flavored with spring onion and snipped chives
  •  Low-Fat Vegetarian Black Bean - plump black beans simmered in a spicy vegetarian broth with onion, red bell pepper, garlic and cumin 
  • Cream of Chicken & Wild Rice - long grain and wild rice, celery , onion, carrot and diced chicken simmered in chicken broth embellished with cream and select herbs
  • New England Clam Chowder - chopped sea clams, diced potato, celery, onion & traditional seasonings, simmered in a rich, creamy broth

I don't know about you but reading those soup descriptions made my stomach start talking. 

What is your favorite soup from Panera? Which soups do you want to try the most?

Like I said above, I can't get enough of their Broccoli Cheddar soup! Next, I want to try their Chicken Noodle, Vegetarian Black Bean, Cream of Chicken & Wild Rice and Clam Chowder. They all sound delicious!




As a part of the DailyBuzz Food Tastemaker program, I received a stipend and gift card from Panera Bread. Thoughts and opinions are my own.

4 comments:

  1. Ive kept the chicken noodle on stand-by this past week while I was sick. Its sooo good. I haven't tried anything else though. George loves their broccoli and cheddar too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are doing better! I need to try their chicken noodle asap!

      Delete
  2. Love Panera! I usually get one of their salads when I go while secretly lusting for the mac and cheese. I'll have to try their soups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never had a salad from Panera. I have heard they are good though.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you. Please be sure to include your email address on the comments form so I can respond to you!