Thursday, March 14, 2013

Skincare Favorites | Winter 2012-2013



During the winter I tried to make sure my face always has some type of moisturizer on it when going outside. I also recently decided that I need to be taking a lot better care of my face. I have always taken care of my face but it is now time to get serious about it. You only get one face for your whole life and it is the first thing people see. So I am taking the phrase, "put your best face forward" literally. Below are my favorite face products, in no particular order. Some are new favorites and some are old loves. 

Clarisonic Mia 2 | This little gem is somewhat pricey, but well worth it. I could tell a difference in my face after the first time I used it. After washing my makeup off in the shower with the face wash listed below, I used the Clarisonic with the Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel it came with. I then followed with my normal skincare routine; toner, night-time moisturizer, eye gel. I woke up the next day to the softest my face has felt ever. My makeup went on so much smoother. I have not been using mine for long so I do not know how well they hold up but they look and feel pretty durable. If you have the extra money lying around or if you have to eat out less for a month or two (like me) I would absolutely suggest getting one for yourself. 

First Aid Beauty Detox Eye Roller | I purchased this product without having heard of this brand before. I tried the eye roller one day in Sephora on the back of my hand. My hand felt so smooth the rest of the day. So I ordered it that week off the website. (The closest Sephora to me is in Birmingham which is 45 mins - 1 hour away from me.) The Detox Eye Roller is a light clear/cloudy liquid. I love that you cannot feel it under your eyes. I love a good thick night eye cream but during the day I don't want to feel like I have anything on. I have used this product for a couple of months. I feel like it does reduce the puffiness and darkness under my eyes. Another plus is that it lasts a really long time. I am not even half way through the bottle yet. 

First Aid Beauty Anti-Redness Serum | I will buy pretty much anything with anti-redness in the name. I have always been self-conscious about my red face. I have grown out of most of my redness like my dermatologist said I would but it still shows up sometimes and so I take all of the preventative measures I can. This anti-redness moisturizer is the lightness one I have tried so far. I really like the way it feels on my skin. 

Merle Norman Nighttime Recovery Creme | This is one of those old loves. I fell in love with this product when I was 16 and working at my Aunt's Merle Norman store. The smell, texture, thickness everything is just right for a night cream. In almost 10 years of using this product there have been many nights I have forgotten or not felt like putting it on before bed and I always wake up the next morning wishing I had. My face is always smoother in the mornings after I have used this product. The smell puts me to sleep. This is my all-time favorite skincare product. 

Merle Norman Ultimate Firming Neck Cream | A couple of months ago, my Aunt and cousin were talking about a new neck cream at their store. I felt their necks and they were really soft, smooth and firm. (Yes, I touched their necks, we are a close family haha.) So of course I wanted to give the new neck cream a go. I have noticed my neck ain't what it used to be. Their shop is in Atlanta so I called and asked my Aunt to bring me a jar when she came back. This cream works wonders. My neck was smooth, firmer and softer after the first use.

Blackhead Clearing Scrub | I use this scrub in the shower. I have used all of the brands. I don't discriminate. Usually, I just buy which ever one is cheaper at the store I am at. Here are the ones I have used. Target, Walmart, Clean and Clear.

Apricot Scrub | This is another scrub I like to use in the shower. I don't like using this one every day since it is so abrasive. I rotate between this one and the one listed above. I also buy different brands. These are the ones I have used. Target, Walmart, St. Ives.

In case you were wondering...I was not paid for or given any of the above products. I paid for everything with my own money. All opinions are my own.   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you. Please be sure to include your email address on the comments form so I can respond to you!